- Open group policy object editor. (To know how to open this read the post Opening group policy object editor in 2003 DC )
- Expand Computer Configuration node
- Expand Administrative templates node
- Expand Network
- Select offline files. Now in the right side pane you can see different policy settings related to offline files usage.
- Double click on the first setting i.e ‘Allow or disallow use of the offline files feature’.
- Select the check button ‘disabled’
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then click on ‘OK’
- Close Group policy object editor.
The steps are similar if one want to disable ‘Offline Files’ on a single machine. Administrator can open local machine group policy by running gpedit.msc and then do the above steps.