In Windows7 one can change the display resolution as per the below steps.
- Click on the Start button.
- Click on Control panel
- It displays all the control panel items. Check if control panel is being displayed in classic view(small icons). If not turn it into classic view.
- Click on Display
- Now click on Adjust resolution
- Now click on the resolution drop down menu and set the desired dimensions.
- Then click OK
- It shows another Display settings window and asks for the confirmation of changes to be done
- Then click on keep changes button. If you don’t click on it within 10 seconds, it will revert to the previous display setting.
Now you can see your screen with your desired resolution.