Administrators can enable offline files feature for all the members in a domain by configuring group policy settings. Given below are steps to configure this.
- Open group policy object editor. (See How to Open group policy object editor )
- Expand Computer Configuration node
- Expand Administrative templates node
- Expand Network
- Select offline files. Now in the right side pane you can see different policy settings related to offline files usage.
- Double click on the first setting i.e ‘Allow or disallow use of the offline files feature’.
- Select the check button ‘enabled’
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then click on ‘OK’
- Close Group policy object editor. (Note that client machines need a reboot to make the changes effective)