Normally when we press power button the computer gets shut down. We can change this default behavior and configure the computer to hibernate or standby whenever one presses the power button. This can be done as per the following steps.
- Open Control Panel from Start Menu
- If the items are displayed in category mode, click on ‘Switch to classic view‘
- Open Power Options.
- In Power Options Properties window, select Advanced tab
- Under the drop down box for the setting ‘when I press the power button on my computer‘, select the action you wanted (hibernate or standby)
- Click on Apply and OK buttons and close the power options window.