In Windows, you can uninstall programs or software using Add or remove programs wizard. Detailed steps are given below.
- Launch Add or remove programs wizard. For this execute appwiz.cpl from Run command (or) click on Start -> Control Panel -> Add or remove programs
- If you want to uninstall some in-built windows feature that is shipped with Windows OS, you need to click on the category Add or remove Windows Components. You can find steps for this case further below. Otherwise (If you are uninstalling some additional software that was installed additionally on top of Windows OS) you can find it’s entry under the category ‘Change or Remove programs‘. Click on the entry
- Now click on Remove button.
- You will be asked ‘Are you sure you want to remove from your computer?’. Click on Yes and the select software will be uninstalled.
You can see the snapshot for office communicator below. This software is listed under the category ‘Change or remove programs‘
If you want to uninstall MSN explorer, you need to select the category ‘Add or remove windows components‘. This will launch Windows components wizard. In this window unselect the feature/program you want to uninstall. Click on ‘Next‘ button and the program will be uninstalled.
Like above you can uninstall the following programs from your computer.
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Information Services
- Outlook Express
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Messenger
- Fax Services
- Accessories and Utilities
How to uninstall programs in Windows 7 ?
Open Programs and Features window(this is same as Add or remove programs wizard in XP, just the name has been changed in Win7)
- Open Start Menu, click on Control Panel, double click on ‘Programs and Features‘(As in XP, you can open this by running ‘Appwiz.cpl‘ from Run window.)
- Now you see a window which lists all the software installed on your system.
- Click on the software you want to uninstall.
- After this you will see ‘Uninstall’ button just before the beginning of the list. Click on this button.
- Click on this ‘Uninstall’ button.
- It asks for a confirmation whether you really want to uninstall it. Click on yes .