In Windows Vista, My computer is renamed as just Computer. With default configuration it should be shown in the start menu as below.
In case if you are not seeing this link, you can enable it by doing the following steps.
- Right click on Start button.
- Select Properties
- Make sure that Start menu tab is the active tab
- Select customize against the start menu/classic start menu depending on which one is selected
- Now you will see Customize start menu window
- You can see that for the node ‘Computer’, ‘Don’t display this item’ is enabled. Change it to either of ‘Display as a link’ or ‘Display as a menu’.
- Press OK and close the windows.
- Now you can see ‘Computer’ in the start menu.