The notes we capture in Microsoft OneNote application is stored in files. These files are stored in the user’s Documents folder. The exact location is:
In the above folder,you can find a separate folder for each notebook you have. Each of the note book folders will have a file (with the extension .one) for each of the sections in the notebook.
How to change OneNote files location?
- In OneNote 2010, we can change the files location by doing the following.
- Open File menu. Select Options.
- Click on ‘Save & Backup‘ tab. Here you can configure options for saving and backing up OneNote files.
- select ‘Default Notebook Location‘ under Save. Click on Modify button and set your desired folder as the new location.
- Click on OK and close the options window.
- From now onwards, every note book you create will be stored in the new location. The old note book files will still be in the old location.
How to set password on one note files and protect data
Thank you for helping me find OneNote material that was absolutely out of sight after I updated Office 365, and OneNote 2016 appeared clear and bright with no trace of serious material left behind. I am a writer; this break in obvious continuity by MS is disappointing to say the least. Disappointments abound with Windows 10.
When I am playing solitaire, one note keeps attempting to do something, I have no idea what its doing!!