Start menu redirection can be enabled for all users in a domain by configuring group policy settings. In Windows 2003 domain server this can be done as follows. These steps would be more or less similar in Server 2008 domain server.
- Log in to the Domain Controller machine.
- Open the Group policy object editor( see here)
- Next go to User Configuration->Windows Settings->Folder Redirection
- Right click on “Start Menu” and click properties. This will open a window like below.
- Now you can configure “Start Menu” redirection by selecting either the basic or advanced in the setting combo box. Basic allows you to redirect every user’s Start Menu to a sub folder under a single root share whereas Advanced allows to specify each user group’s target to a different share. After setting this click Apply and OK.